Large Loss Unit Dedicated to Commercial Clients
One of our company’s key assets is our ability to handle restoration work of any size, scope or scale in support of our customers – the most extreme end of this work being complex, sometimes massive, large losses.
Our Large Loss Unit is a dedicated team of experts from across North America that is able to mobilize on a moments notice in support of both our customers and our branches in these situations.
Key Industries We Serve
- Educational and Institutional
- Hospitality and Healthcare
- Office Towers and Condominiums
- Retail Complexes
- Industrial and Manufacturing
- And many others
Large Loss Unit Operational Leadership Team
Our team of Large Loss specialists have between 10 and 20 years experience handling complex, large loss situations – they have the hands-on, strategic and technical know how to be a trusted partner in your mitigation and business recovery efforts.
The Large Loss Unit Team’s experience spans major North American disasters including Hurricanes Ike, Katrina and Sandy, wildfires in B.C., Fort McMurray and Slave Lake, the Goderich tornado, and catastrophic flooding in Southern Alberta, the GTA and Montreal. Our team also handles restoration for countless individual commercial sites following mechanical, structural and
Dave has held executive leadership positions in the property restoration industry for over 30 years. Prior to joining FirstOnSite, he was President and Chief Executive Officer of InStar Services in the US. He has led hundreds of expert teams through restoration work in the aftermaths of major disasters across North America.
Chief Executive Officer
Billy has been on the scene of virtually every major natural disaster in the United States and Canada for close to 20 years. He specializes in running very large commercial projects with multiple simultaneous rebuilds and in mobilization logistics. Projects have ranged in size from $1,000,000 to $70,000,000.
Billy Short II
Executive Vice President, Large Loss Operations
Jim handles mitigation and restoration projects in the industrial, commercial and institutional sectors. His 10+ years of experience include hospitals, manufacturing plants, condo and apartment buildings, office towers, and mines. Projects have ranged in size from $250,000 to $15,000,000
Senior Project Manager, Large Loss North America
Geo has close to 20 years’ experience leading projects at all major disaster events across Canada. Specializing in the industrial and commercial sectors, he has led and consulted on projects up to $30,000,000 in size. Projects include healthcare facilities, hotels, government buildings, high rises, condominiums, churches, retailers and universities.
Large Loss Manager, Canada
FirstOnSite Helps Protect Your Business Before and After a Disaster
- Mobilization is built into the DNA of FirstOnSite. On a daily basis, we mobilize resources, technicians and equipment across regions, cities and provinces.
- Our entire business model is designed to deliver urgent mitigation resources wherever they are needed, immediately.
- When our LLU mobilizes to a site, our network of employees, trusted vendors, suppliers, engineers and skilled contractors across Canada and the US is already in place.
- Largest privately owned equipment inventory in Canada with US-based depots. Equipment stationed across the country ensures immediate access in times of emergency.
- Our national fleet of tractor trailers and support vehicles allows rapid mobilization.
- Leading-edge technology and state-of-the-art building drying equipment ensure efficient restoration services.
- More than 1,100 dedicated employees, a network of affiliates, suppliers and vendors throughout North America ensures rapid and consistent service.
Transparent Cost Management & Reporting
- We pioneered the use of Time and Materials Plus II tracking and billing system in Canada.
- Designed specifically for complex commercial restorations, the system is powerful yet flexible enough to clearly track and manage multiple stakeholders through the restoration process.
- Daily input of data improves our speed of service and daily client approval of data facilitates ongoing communication throughout the job, as well as accounting at its completion.
PREP – Partnership Plan for Faster Recovery
- Our commercial partnership program – a collaboration to help plan and prepare for a property disaster before one occurs.
- Goal – to get you quickly back in business afterwards.
- PREP is our commitment to our commercial and large loss partners.
Disaster Recovery Experience You Can Trust
We have safely and successfully directed mitigation and restoration efforts at industrial plants, office towers, retail malls, universities and hospitals crippled by leaks, floods, fires and tornados, and directed restoration efforts at the largest office tower fire in Canadian history.
- Mobilized the team to Ft. McMurray following the wildfires in 2016, where we supported emergency crew facilities directly, led restoration of critical infrastructure as the town readied for re-entry.
- We mobilized manpower and equipment and set up a 10 acre command center after the wildfires in Slave Lake,
- Led mitigation and restoration efforts at major industrial plants crippled by fires and tornados, directed restoration efforts at the largest office tower fire in Canadian history.
- Led teams in New Orleans immediately after Hurricanes Katrina and Ike, and after most major US hurricanes over the
*Source: US-based Strategic Research Institute
Industry Veterans Join Our Large Loss Unit
Commercial Client Services
Commercial Customer, Manitoba
For Commercial Emergency Disaster Restoration Services,